- General Site Questions
- Assessment Prod Questions
- Account Questions
- Subscription Questions
- Technical Considerations
- How can I access my Dummies eCourse?
- How do I change information in my account (e-mail address, password, or name)?
- I forgot my password. How do I reset it?
- I can't sign in. What should I do?
- What are cookies and when does the Dummies eCourse website use them?
- How does the Dummies eLearning website use my personal contact information?
You can access your Dummies eCourse account wherever you have good Internet connection and a supported browser. On the home page, sign in with your email address
and password. The Sign In screen contains a link to click if you forget your password.
Start by checking that you're signing in with the email address you used to sign up and create your account. If you have multiple email accounts, check the inbox for each of them and look for the confirmation email you received when you signed up for your eCourse. The inbox where you find the confirmation email is the email address you need to use when you sign in.
If you are using the correct email address and know your correct password, then something else is causing the problem. So that we can help you find a solution, please go to the support options page and contact us with the method you prefer from those listed.
Cookies are small files sent to your web browser by some of the websites you visit to help those visits be more efficient. When you return to a website that has sent your browser a cookie, your browser uses the cookie to identify you and your preferences, and streamline website access.
Dummies eCourse cookies are temporarily written to your computer's memory (RAM) and are saved to your hard drive only if you tell your browser to remember your email address and password on the Sign In page.
While cookies allow for simpler access to Dummies eCourses, you may access our service
without them. If you desire, most browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
We use your personal contact information to inform you about updates to the service and to notify you of new products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. As part
of the sign-up process, you can opt out of receiving these offers and updates. If you want to unsubscribe to these offers and updates after you sign up, please use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- How do I find the Dummies eCourses available for subscription?
- What comes with my subscription to a Dummies eCourse?
- Where can I find sales or specials on Dummies eCourses?
- How do I subscribe to a course?
- Can I try the eCourse before I buy it?
- How do I buy an eCourse after I've tried part of it?
- Can I purchase the eCourse in a currency other than U.S. dollars?
- How do I use a coupon code?
- How do I redeem an access code?
- What is the difference between an access code and a coupon code?
- How do I get a receipt for my purchase?
- I have subscribed to multiple eCourses. How do I switch to work on a different one?
- When does my eCourse subscription end?
- What happens when my course subscription ends?
- Can I renew my course subscription?
- What is your refund policy?
How do I find the Dummies eCourses available for subscription?
The home page lists the current eCourse offerings. You can also use the search field at the top-center of the screen to look for courses by typing in specific keywords.
What comes with my subscription to a Dummies eCourse?
Subscribing to a course gives you unlimited access to the course for the specified duration.
Your course duration begins on the purchase date. Please review the Terms & Conditions of Use for more information about the eCourse duration.
Where can I find sales or specials on Dummies eCourses?
Promotional items, when available, are communicated on the home page or through email
offers (if you've signed up to receive them).
Remember that you can try any course for free. To do so, on the home page or the course description page, click the Try It option.
How do I subscribe to a course?
Subscribing is easy; simply follow these steps:
- On the home page or in your search results, click the name of the eCourse to which you want to subscribe.
- On the eCourse description page that appears, click the Buy It button.
- Register (sign up) with the Dummies eCourse website or enter your email address and password if you've already signed up.
- When prompted, enter your credit card information.
After your payment is confirmed, the eCourse appears on your course dashboard, where you may access it an unlimited number of times during the subscription period.
Can I try the eCourse before I buy it?
Yes, absolutely! The Try It option lets you access part of the eCourse content so you can check out the lessons and features for yourself. Here's how to try out a course:
- Click the eCourse icon on the home page or from a list of search results.
- On the eCourse description page that appears, click the Try It button.
- Follow the prompts to register (sign up) with the
Dummies eCourse website.
Or, if you've already signed up, enter your email address and password to sign in.
- The eCourse will immediately appear on your dashboard.
How do I buy an eCourse after I've tried part of it?
On your course dashboard, click the Upgrade Now button. When prompted, enter your credit card information.
After your payment is confirmed,
you have complete, unlimited access to
the eCourse for the duration of the subscription period.
Can I purchase the eCourse in a currency other than U.S. dollars?
Yes. When you make a purchase, you can select a different
currency from the drop-down menu.
The price then appears in the currency you selected.
How do I use a coupon code?
When you make a purchase, you have the option of entering a coupon code. Simply click the
I Have a Coupon link and follow the onscreen
If your coupon code is valid, the eCourse price will reflect the discount.
How do I redeem an access code?
On the home page, click the Already Have an Access Code link. When prompted, enter the
access code. After your access code is verified, follow the on-screen instructions to access your course. Please note that your access code is valid for only one course.
What is the difference between an access code and a coupon code?
An access code is usually found in a Dummies book product that gives you access to the eCourse for free. You may have also purchased the access code at an online retailer and are coming to the Dummies eLearning Center to redeem what you have already purchased.
A coupon code is a code that you received as part of our promotional emails. It gives you a discount off the eCourse price.
How do I get a receipt for my purchase?
When you make a purchase via credit card, we will send a payment confirmation to the
email address we have on record for you.Please print this confirmation email and retain it as a receipt for your purchase.
I have subscribed to multiple eCourses. How do I switch to work on a different one?
In the top bar of any page, click on the Switch Course link. A My Course page appears, where you can navigate to other eCourses to which you've subscribed.
When does my eCourse subscription end?
Your Dummies eCourse subscription will be available for the specified course duration (e.g. 6 Months) from the date of purchase. You will be notified a few days prior to expiration so that you have a chance to finish the eCourse. You will be receiving an email 7 days prior to
the course expiration. You will also be notified that your course is about to expire on the course dashboard.
What happens when my course subscription ends?
After your eCourse subscription expires, you can continue to access your account. Your
account will access to However you will not have access to all the content for the eCourse unless you renew your subscription.
Can I renew my course subscription?
Yes. After your course subscription has expired, you may renew it at any time by clicking the Renew Now button that you find on the course dashboard.
What is your refund policy?
While we hope that everyone is satisfied with Dummies eCourses, we understand that some people may not be. We offer a 100% money-back guarantee for a course within 30 days of purchase if you are unsatisfied. After 30 days from purchase, we will offer you a credit to
another Dummies eCourse at the Dummies eLearning Center. Please contact our Customer Service and Support; using the contact us page.
- What are the minimum hardware and software requirements?
- What's a browser?
- What web browsers work with Dummies eCourses?
- How do I know which browser version I'm using?
- A portion of my course is not loading. What do I do?
Dummies eCourses are web-based courses.You can access a Dummies eCourse with any
computer that has an HTML5-capable web browser and a broadband Internet connection.See the next section to find out whether your browser supports HTML5.
Web browsers are software applications that locate and display Web pages.
The following browsers and browser versions support Dummies eCourses. You can download any of these browsers for free on either Windows or Mac computers.
|Browser||OS||Browser Version||Free Download Link|
|Firefox||Mac and Windows||20.0.1, 21.0||http://www.mozilla.org/firefox|
|Safari||Mac and Windows||5.1.7, Mac Safari 6.0||http://apple.com/safari|
|Chrome||Mac and Windows||26.0.1410.64 m, 27.0.1453.94 m||http://google.com/chrome|
|Internet Explorer||Windows||IE9, IE10||http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/download-ie|
To find out which browser version you're using, follow these steps:
- Go to the menu bar that appears across the top of the browser window.
- On the Help menu, choose one of the following, depending on your browser:
About Internet Explorer,
About Google Chrome, About Safari, or About Mozilla Firefox.
- In the dialog box that appears, check the browser name and version.
This usually happens for one of the following reasons:
You are not using the latest version of the Internet Browser. For best results, we do recommend using Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
Occasionally, the page-loading process is interrupted or does not occur properly. Please click your browsers refresh button.
Submit an e-mail request (in English) for customer support regarding questions you may have. All requests will be responded to within 24 hours.
Technical Support Agents are also available on the phone to answer your questions. You can contact us at:
Customer Care Center
10475 Crosspoint Blvd.
Indianapolis, IN 46256
Phone: (877) 762-2974
Fax: (800) 597-3299
Hours: Weekdays, 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time
Need assistance? The best way to resolve your support requests is to fill our online support form. You can also